Traditional Undergraduate Advising

New first-year students are enrolled in their courses by a Compass Academic Advisor prior to their MAP Day orientation preceding the first day of classes at Oglethorpe University.  When first-year students complete their MAP Day orientation, they are assigned a Compass Academic Advisor whose purpose is to provide the support and direction necessary to ensure they succeed their first year at Oglethorpe University.  Please visit here for more information:

After the successful completion of their first year, TU students will be assigned a primary academic advisor from among the teaching faculty; when possible, the primary academic advisor will teach in the student’s discipline of interest. If a student has not decided their major, Academic Success will serve as their advisor until they choose a major.

Advising1All students welcome to use the Academic Success advising services if they need help identifying their academic advisor.

If a student wishes to change their primary advisor, they my do so by filling out the Change of Information form available on the HUB website.

Students should always work with their primary academic advisor first, using the Academic Success only in cases when their primary academic advisor is unavailable.