First-year freshmen and transfer students may apply for accommodations once admitted to Oglethorpe University. Current students may apply at any time, however, accommodations are not retroactive.

Students are responsible for identifying themselves with Accessibility Services and presenting proper medical documentation to receive reasonable accommodations.

Students seeking accommodations for the first time must complete the New Student Application and supply supporting medical documentation. Documentation guidelines may be found here. Documentation can be submitted through one of the following:

  • Email to: [email protected]
  • Hand deliver to Accessibility Services (Turner Lynch Campus Center, 2nd Floor)
  • Mail to: Accessibility Services, Oglethorpe University, 4484 Peachtree Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30319

The review process takes 7-10 days to evaluate the initial intake form and supporting medical documentation. The accessibility director will then email the student’s account to set up an intake appointment.

Welcome appointments are approximately one hour and must be completed before accommodations are approved.

Currently registered students:
Currently registered students must request accommodations each academic semester. To request accommodations, please submit a New Semester Accommodations Letter Request.

Title III of the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA) of 2008 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 dictates that an institution must make reasonable academic adjustments, provide auxiliary aids and/or services for those individuals with a qualified disability who self identify. To determine reasonable adjustments, auxiliary aids and/or services, Student Success staff will seek current documentation of the student’s disorder/impairment, as well as, information from appropriate University personnel regarding essential standards for courses, programs, services, activities, and facilities. A reasonable academic adjustment is one that does not require a substantial change in the curriculum or alter any of the essential elements or functions of the course, program, service, or activity. Academic adjustments, auxiliary aids, and/or services are determined on a case-by-case basis and course-by-course basis.