The Writing Center offers Oglethorpe students free, one-on-one tutoring sessions with fellow student writers trained to consult on writing assignments in any discipline and at any stage of the writing process. Writing Center tutors are trained to assist with:
- Students seeking help with grammar or style
- Resident and commuting first year students enrolled in Narratives of the Self
- Core students at all levels
- Transfer students adjusting to Oglethorpe’s writing standards
- English as a second language/international students adjusting to the conventions of American academic writing
- Any students writing class papers, creative essays, critiques, research projects, speeches and symposium presentations
- You must make appointments at least 24 hours in advance.
- You may book one appointment per day per subject and a total of two meetings per week per subject. If you feel that additional tutoring sessions are needed, please email email@example.com.
- If you cannot attend your appointment, cancel it on Tutortrac.
- Please note that simply clicking on the “decline” link in the appointment notification email does not cancel the appointment. You must login to TutorTrac to cancel an appointment.