Student Success offers free tutoring and supplemental Instruction in various subject areas. Most students find it beneficial to meet with their tutors or supplemental instructors (SIs) early and often. Please make sure to schedule appointments through EAB Navigate.
For general questions regarding tutoring and supplemental instruction, please contact [email protected].
Tutoring is an appointment-based tutoring program offered to all OU undergraduate students by the Office of Student Success. Tutoring is available in many courses, with an emphasis on introductory first-year and sophomore level courses. Our tutors are some of our brightest, most academically successful undergraduate students. Tutoring sessions are built around your needs. You will have the opportunity to ask questions, review important concepts, and learn study strategies.
Supplemental Instruction is another free academic assistance program that utilizes peer-assisted study sessions. The sessions are facilitated by supplemental instructors (SIs) who have previously done well in the course, who attend all class lectures, take notes and act as model students. If your course has an SI, your professor will introduce your SI to the class. SI sessions are regularly scheduled, informal review sessions in which students compare notes, discuss readings, develop organizational tools, and predict test items. Students learn how to integrate course content and study skills while working together. All students are encouraged to attend SI sessions, as it is a voluntary program. SIs support all levels of student learning, but they’re especially great at providing additional help and clarification on lecture topics, homework problems, study strategies, and lab experiences.
Schedule an Appointment
Schedule a tutoring or supplemental instruction appointment on EAB Navigate by following the steps below:
- Go to campus.eab.com
- Enter your Oglethorpe credentials
- Select “Appointments” on the left-hand side of the page
- Click on “Schedule an Appointment”
- Select “Tutoring” for the type of appointment you want to schedule
- Select the service or subject matter
- Choose the location of your appointment, your tutor, and the date/time you will meet
- In the section titled, “Anything specific you want to discuss?,” please include your email address and comments about the concepts you are hoping to cover, as well as the details about your assignment
- When you’re finished, click “Confirm Appointment”
- Make sure to receive reminders about your upcoming appointment
Once your appointment has been scheduled, you will receive an email confirmation to your Oglethorpe student email account.